Intensive Voice! June 16 – July 5, 2024
in Orvieto, Italy
Intensive Voice is a dynamic three week program for vocalists to experience European performance venues, meet accomplished peers and prepare for future auditions with polish and expertise. Repertoire will include arias, chamber works selected to build vocal technique, expand vocal artistry and strengthen peak performance preparation. Through daily vocal and Italian lessons, concerts and coaching, singers will have a unique opportunity to deepen their skills and the preparation necessary to embark on a successful singing career. The beautiful setting of Orvieto will captivate and support a unique intense yet nurturing program led by expert faculty, collaborative pianists, and guest artists.”
Dr. Evan T Jones, Director, Intensive Voice
Faculty, Florida State University
Riccardo Cambri, Guest Artist Intensive Voice
Faculty, Luigi Mancinelli School of Music in Orvieto
International Prize Winner, Torre Orsaia 1992, San Gemini 1994, Genzano in Rome 1995, San Giovani Valdarno 2001
Mozarteum in Salzburg, Austria and Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia n Rome
Joe Walsh, Guest Artist, Intensive Voice
Associate Professor, George Mason University
Associate Artistic Director and Conductor, Virginia Opera
- Daily lessons, coachings and weekly master classes
- Daily advanced Italian language classes.
- Multiple performance opportunities in historic venues throughout Orvieto.
- Opportunity to perform vocal chamber music with Orvieto Musica instrumentalists.
- A wide variety of repertoire covered with a focus on Italian songs and arias
- 2 invited Guest Artist openings for tenure track Faculty (see below for details).
- Admittance limited to 12 singers.
Pianists in “Intensive Voice” will perform collaboratively with the vocalists in the program and also have the opportunity to rehearse and perform string and brass chamber music.
* Daily Italian classes for Intensive Voice assume that singers will have completed at least one semester of Italian language instruction prior to coming to Orvieto. (Detailed information as to Italian language requirements is available and will be provided upon receipt of your application.)
Singers who wish to “brush up” on Italian language skills may want to peruse the following website:
Tenure Track Guest Artist Program. Up to two tenure track faculty members will be formally invited (by personal letter) to perform on the OM 2024 faculty recital, give an “Intensive Voice” master class, attend daily Italian classes and coach and perform additional “Intensive Voice” repertoire. For more details, please inquire at: firstname.lastname@example.org