Collaborative Piano Orvieto
Collaborative Piano! June 16 – July 5, 2024
in Orvieto, Italy
Collaborative Piano Orvieto is an intensive three-week program for talented graduate and post-graduate pianists interested in increasing their collaborative, artistic, and technical skills by rehearsing and performing with Orvieto Musica singers and instrumentalists.
Recent programming has included Brahms’ Piano Quartet in A Major, op. 26, Eric Ewazen’s To Cast a Shadow Again, Margaret Brouwer’s Whom Do You Call Angel Now?, Shostakovich’s Piano Quintet in g minor, op. 57, Lori Laitman’s I Am in Need of Music, André Previn’s Four Songs, Adolph Busch’s Drei Lieder, Max Bruch’s Rumänische Melodie and Brahms’ Liebeslieder Walzer.
Participants will emerge from this program with increased knowledge of and experience with the vocal and instrumental collaborative repertoire and professional versatility.
Special Guest Faculty invited and announced annually
- Daily coachings and rehearsals
- Multiple performance opportunities in historic venues
- Master Class with noted Italian violinist Alessandro Cervo
- Vocal, string chamber ensemble and trumpet repertoire by composers such as Pauline Viardot, Paolo Tosti, Johannes Brahms, Dmitri Shostakovich, Francis Poulenc, Robert Schumann, Juliana Hall, Cécile Chaminade, Émile Paladilhe, Claudio Monteverdi, Ludwig van Beethoven, Jules Massenet, Edward Elgar, Amy Beach, and more
- Collaborations with Art of Song, Intensive Strings and TrumpetFest musicians
- Admittance limited to 2 pianists
- Weekend days free for travel