Art of Song is an intensive 3-week program for singers and collaborative pianists that delves into collaboration between singer and pianist through the medium of art song.
- Daily coachings, lessons and master classes
- Vocal Ensemble repertoire
- Vocal Chamber Music with Orvieto Musica instrumentalists
- Performances in historic venues
- Daily advanced Italian language classes *
- 2 Invited Guest Artist openings for tenure track faculty (see below for details)
- Admittance limited to 8 singers and 2 pianists
Singers accepted into the program will have the opportunity to focus on art song interpretation and performance through repertoire such as a set of the Schumann Spanisches Liederbuch or a set of Brahms Lebeslieder. They will also have the opportunity to rehearse with and perform repertoire with instrumentalists, such as the Britten Serenade or Handel Let the Bright Serpahim.
Pianists in “The Art of Song” will perform collaboratively with the vocalists in the program and also have the opportunity to rehearse and perform string and brass chamber music.
* Daily Italian classes for The Art of Song assume that singers will have completed at least one semester of Italian language instruction prior to coming to Orvieto. (Detailed information as to Italian language requirements is available and will be provided upon receipt of your application.)
Singers who wish to “brush up” on Italian language skills may want to peruse the following website:
Tenure Track Guest Artist Program
Up to two tenure track faculty members will be formally invited (by personal letter) to perform on the OM 2020 faculty recital, give an “Art of Song” master class, attend daily Italian classes and coach and perform additional “Art of Song” repertoire. For more details, please inquire at: email@example.com